South Coast regional trials are conducted in 22 sports. The Regional Convenor, with the assistance of districts officials conduct these trials.
2021 South Coast Regional Trial Calendar
In order to attend a regional trial, students must first:
- gain approval from their school to nominate and attend district and regional trial
- complete School Sport South Coast
permissions / details booklet (PDF, 2.69MB)
- be selected in their respective district team (in a few cases selection may be school based or individual nominations direct to regional trials).
School Sport policy states that in order to be selected in a South Coast regional team, students must be in attendance at the regional trials. The only exception to this is where:
- Students are away at a sporting event of a higher level (in one of the sports approved by Queensland School Sport).
- Students have a medical certificate* covering the regional trial date. This applies for team sports only, and track and field**
* Does not apply to swimming and cross country, where no medical certificates are accepted.
** Applies to track and field only under specific criteria.