Late 2014 saw the South Coast School Sport region undergo a major realignment of the districts. One of the major considerations was to address the issue of year 7 students moving to secondary schools and the flow on effects of 12 year old students in high school in the 10–12 year old representative sport program.
Other considerations were:
- fair and equitable distribution of student population across all districts
- to provide seamless arrangements for P–12
- alignment of all feeder schools
- to provide better communication channels and dissemination of information in and between primary, middle and secondary school sectors
- geographical locations.
In addition to the changes in district alignments, the terms, 'primary' and 'secondary' will disappear and be replaced by the terms 10–12 year olds and 13–19 year olds.
The 4 'new' districts are primarily an amalgamation of the previous districts with some additional fine-tuning. These districts each have their own Executive.
These districts are as follows:
School Sport South Coast Board (SSSCB)
The SCSSB oversees the strategic functions and operational guidelines of the representative school sport program within the South Coast School Sport region. This program promotes the development of sporting skills and abilities to a standard that will enable students to be selected in regional representative sporting teams capable of competing at a state level.
The School Sport events are delivered by the School Sport South Coast office in conjunction with the district school sport committees. All 3 education systems are represented on the SSSCB.
The SSSCB meets 3 times a year in March, August and November. The composition of the 'new' look SSSCB is yet to be finalised.
The proposed composition may be as follows:
- Chair (1)
- Vice Chair (2)
- Regional Director or nominee (1)
- District Delegates
- Broadwater (4) Hinterland (4) Oceanic (4) Pacific (4)
- Special Education Delegate (1)
- Delegates to Queensland School Sport (QSS)—Management Group (3)
- Non-Voting Executive Officer—RSSO (1)
- Non-Voting Executive Officer—ARSSO (1)
- Other officers (as required)