Each year School Sport South Coast appoints regional team officials to coach and manage our representative teams. Applicants need to be aware of the application timelines, requirements as determined by the sport-specific committees and the location and date of the event. School-based applicants are required to have Principal approval prior to submitting an application.
If there is more than one applicant for an advertised position, an exhaustive preferential voting system will be employed to select the candidate.
2021 Application Form
Part B Principal Approval Form for officials application
Conditions of appointment
- Preference should be given to suitably qualified, practicing, registered teachers. Non-teacher officials must provide evidence of holding a current Blue Card.
- At least one of the officials appointed to each team must be a registered teacher.
- At least one of the team officials must be of the same gender as the members of the team.
- The Queensland coach should possess at least a current Level 1 Coaching Accreditation and at least one of the team officials must possess a current first aid or sports medicine qualification.
Subsequent appointments to fill vacancies
- When an elected official resigns, the returning officer will appoint the next ranked available reserve official from the original ballot result. If a reserve official is not available, then the position may be re-advertised.
- When no applications have been received for an advertised position, the Executive of the Sport-Specific Committee and a representative of the School Sport Unit may appoint a suitably qualified official to fill the vacancy.
If appointed as a South Coast official you agree to the following
- Attend a School Sport South Coast (SSSC) compulsory in-service.
- Read and understand the contents, procedures and practices contained within the appropriate coach, manager and convenor handbooks.
- Read the specific guidelines of your sport as outlined in the managing risks in school curriculum activities (PDF, 354KB) procedure.
- Have completed appropriate sport-specific Curriculum Activity Risk Assessment (CARA) and representative sports activity (Team Manager or Convenor) documents.
- Have obtained Principal approval and regional officials acknowledgement form for team training schedule and use of personal mobile phone and camera.